Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a retired Kentucky teacher turned self-taught artist. Originally, I built and sold primitive farmhouse furniture like shelves, tables and plate racks. Soon I found myself creating accent pieces like chickens, crows, and weathervanes. My love of making functional furnishings had evolved into a passion for making “art.” While I had no formal training in art, friends insisted I was not just making stuff with junk, I was creating mixed media sculpture. I consider myself a contemporary folk artist. Carved wood, corrugated metal and coated electrical wire become a raven landing on a fence post—Raven’s Roost. Discarded metal roofing, a rusted steel rod, and hand carved cow (including udders) turned into Elsie’s Udder Side a whimsical weather vane. Night Bandit is a raccoon carved from pine with a refrigerator coil brush for a tail. Finishing my pieces with a “time worn” painting technique is a unifying characteristic of all of my work. Coming up with a catchy name for each piece is always a fun way to finish.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Bluegrass and Backroads

Kentucky Farm Bureau Presents Bluegrass & Backroads: Robbie Mueller www.youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGLA0Bmsqfc&feature=share&noredirect=1

Kentucky Educational Televisions (KET) Bluegrass and Backroads episode # 908 aired on Sunday morning April 1, 2012. The show weekly features Kentucky artists, festivals & events in Kentucky, and successful Kentucky agribusinesses and the products they produce.

I was both honored and humbled by this process, as it offered me an opportunity for people to see my artwork and to find out a little about my background and philosophy as an artist. The show airs multiple times in the upcoming months and cn be viewed on both KET affiliates and RFD-TV nationwide. I would be pleased if you had time to view the episode or the condensed segment (via youtube) and would be willing to share it with friends and colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment